Wednesday, 30 December 2009

The Eve of New Years Eve, 2009

I suppose this is my first attempt at a blog, so I'll just make it up as I go along and see where it takes me. I only know of one person who'll really be interested in reading this, but I'll try not to let that affect what i write about.

THIS WILL BE A BLOG FOR THE PEOPLE

Ok, so it won't, but I'm starting with a certain level of conviction. To commit to writing about stuff that's going on in my head, and in the "real" world, in a natural and unforced way. I don't want it to be too heavy or too shallow. I don't want people to know everything about me straight off. Although I suppose I'm pretty comfortable with the idea of giving little bits of me away at a time.

What do people write in these things anyway? Is there like an opening post where you would say just a bit about yourself, and the circumstances that led to you wanting to share details of your life with anyone who cared to look? I guess over time I've had a bit of practice at sharing stuff when I've used various social networking sites, and maybe this is different or maybe it isn't. We'll just have to see what happens.

It might end up being quite a cosy affair, with marshmallows and hot dogs. I kinda like the idea of making people smile a bit when they read about me. I don't see myself as some kind of witty comedic blogger who's going to have people rolling around the floor on their computer chairs, but some people seem to think I have my own unique charms i suppose. Maybe that will come out, maybe it won't.

I don't want to write loads and loads for my first entry. Nothing much has happened today anyway. Me and K have been sitting and having mostly a day of "play" with our chosen games. I'm not complaining at all of course, because I am boy, and therefore enjoy doing nothing but messing about all day doing nothing. Anyway, we have also cleaned the bathroom, most of the kitchen, and had fun with a sponge and soapy water in one of the bedrooms...

As tomorrow is new years eve, i guess i will share my new years resolutions on here. last year i made a big promise to myself to cut down on getting so drunk so often and i managed that, and some other stuff too. i reckon i drink like 33% of what i did this time last year (festive period apart ofc!).

so i'll write more then
t'ra f'now


No comments:

Post a Comment